Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Childhood, My Memories

This is inspired from the photo which was shot in Syria. 



This is not how the world should be. For the article - Click Here

I am just ten
And like any other boy
Who is ten
I wish around me 
Love and some friends
Is it too much to ask?

I witnessed Violence
Terror and the families tear
When I was supposed to be
under immense love and care

I don't know what am I to conclude
When I see a woman of my mom's age
Cry like a baby and no one could console
Could she not be consoled with a cupcake
or an ice-cream?
Why does she scream
Looking at a body which lies lean
At her feet,
By her doorstep

I assumed as a kid
That when you cry
Your mother hugs you
And in an instant everything that bothers you
Hushes as if a bird flew

But the Country I live in
I seldom see smiles
There is only sadness for miles
There is death, grimness and loneliness
That is gifted to you
When you are born
Like the air you breathe
Like the sun that shines
And like the moon that waxes and wanes
The only feeling that waxes and wanes is sadness
And I don't know
How long will it be?
Before I Breathe and smell the fragrance of freedom
And cut the ties loose
of repressions, sadness and boredom

1 comment: