Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions...

Here it is, the last day of the year
And I  try to make resolutions, that will make me cheer
But why do I fail each time I make a resolution for myself
Then I think, this is how an average woman's resolution will be

It starts with pomp
and then are dumped
We take pride in helping our spouses
Waking up in the morning
Prioritizing life, breakfast and dinner
What about the resolution of having a cup of coffee for ourselves?
It vapours, like the steam on the coffee

We take care of kids
Make sure they eat healthy
If they won't, it feels like your stomach's empty
So, what about the Salad you thought you would have in the afternoon?

When we return home 
The Kitchen awaits
So does the tummies
Shouting, we are hungry, mummy
So, you barge in and make all that will spread smiles on their face
And what about those characters from the book you wished to trace?

Life isn't simply simple
Specially for a woman who handles kids and family
So, we make resolutions and then break them
And get ready for the next year to usher in
To again make a list of resolutions....

Happy New Year! 2014 

2 comments: