Thursday, November 28, 2013

O.K.

O.K..
So I always wanted a genie for myself
You know like the Aladdin's Genie
Who will do anything for you
Without being whiny???
Yes, exactly that types...
But you know how it is, Right??
You never get a genie
To help you get out of shit
Who helps you impress the one you love
Who will take you to the most amazing places on earth?
Or do whatever...

But I have one
And that is you
Yes, you don't take me to places
But you ask me to read
See ain't I going places?
You ask me to write
and you say – you will not hold on to anger
and make everything right
You ask me to smile
For every memory of mine
That can go miles....
You bring out the best in me
What others opine can go take a rest!
You push me, to do better
You listen to all my profanity
with vanity
You never cease to amaze me
Knowing that your belief in me
will never faze with time
Thank you friend
You mean a lot to me
And you are the reason
there's that glee 

4 comments:

  1. Your poem reminded me of this quote by Oscar Wilde "I know of nothing in the world that is either nobler or rarer than a devoted friendship" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you Aastha :) for taking time to read and penning your thoughts. Means a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Your poem restores my faith in the power of true friendship!
    It comforting to have people in our lives who believe in ourselves and motivates us to pursue our passion... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...And makes our life beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete