Friday, June 20, 2014

The Last Breath

I got the call
And I felt
The sky did fall

My brother said
Granny’s no more
Felt like something was 
Snatched away ruthlessly
And mercilessly 

Aren't we supposed to say
A Final Goodbye?

Time heals the wounds
They say
But can time fill in vacuum
Created by someone’s absence?

I saw her
On the bed
Eyes closed
And her body 
Lay numb

I wanted to touch her
Kiss and hug her
But I couldn't
The body was my granny’s
But the soul left
There was no warmth
No love, 
Just a body
Wanted to shout and scream

My sister sat there
Beside me
Crying and wallowing 
I wanted to console her
But words ditched me
I was in pain and
How could I convince someone?
It’s all a part of the game?

The love she infused
And the relations she made
Will be with us 
Till our last breath

Our granny
Our strength
We will miss you
No matter where you are
You will always know
You will be with us
In our memories
And in our smiles

We have loved you
And will always love you

No comments:

Post a Comment