Thursday, March 24, 2016

Do you?

When the stars shine the brightest and the night is insanely dark, I am illuminated by the thoughts of you. You were my dream come true. You were someone who completed the puzzle. You made me feel special. All the things I wanted to feel, you magically made me feel and experience those.

I wanted to be with you a little longer, a little something to put in my treasure box, a smile to capture when you wouldn't be around, a memory to reminiscence when I am alone on nights like these.

But things fell apart, never to get back. I lost you, somewhere in this mysterious world. Wondering, are you living or surviving? Does your smile now reach your eyes?  Do you still find the sunset beautiful and a drive in the woods a treat? Do you still stir the right amount of sugar in that cup of tea which was my addiction? ,Do you still listen to the classics of yesteryear to be lost in the mellifluous voices of the singers? Do you still sing and sway when you toss that omelette on the pan? 

Do you, like me, on darkened, starry nights think of the times we shared, the memories we made?

Do you still remember me?

2 comments: